Fort Bend County Small Business
Emergency Grant Program
Links & Information
The Fort Bend County Commissioners Court has approved a small business emergency grant program to assist businesses impacted by Covid-19. Additional funds were approved December 8, 2020 to provide financial assistance to the small business community. These funds are committed from the federal CARES Act dollars allocated to Fort Bend County for Covid-19 relief efforts.
Area chambers and economic development organizations are here to help. Please contact your area chamber for more details or to assist with the application process.
Grants will reimburse businesses for eligible expenses which occurred from April 3, 2020 through December 30, 2020.
How much is my business eligible to receive?
Grant amounts are based on 2019 annual revenue or projected 2020 revenue:
- Annual Sales $25,000 up to $100,000: Award up to $5,000
- Annual Sales $100,101-$2,000,000: Award up to $15,000
- Annual Sales $2,000,001-$5,000,000: Award up to $25,000
Eligible expenses incurred between April 3rd and December 30th include (click here for complete list):
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Re-opening supplies, equipment & renovations
- Remote working expenses
- Payroll to bring employees back to work
- Mortgage assistance
- Inventory (may include below)
- Products, raw materials, equipment that is stored or kept on-hand and needed to produce or facilitate the sale of the final product or service.
- Examples for restaurants (e.g. flour, sugar, bread, spices, etc);
- Examples professional services (e.g. paper, toner, ink, pens, folders, etc);
- Examples for industrial/construction (e.g. parts for equipment to resale; office supplies; etc)
- Note: vehicle purchases and other large fixed assets are not considered inventory items.
- Fort Bend County’s Grant Informational Page
- Download P&L Template For Application Submittal
- FAQs in English
- FAQs in Spanish
- Submitting Receipts/Documentation